Thursday, January 12, 2017

Elysium Counsil --- personal history

11am                                        Writing Practice                                     25° / Boise

After a nightmare few weeks of horrible weather, we're on the other side of the worst of it now, I think. The freezing rain never came and we didn't lose power, which is all I asked, so whoever brought that home, Thank You. The snow started in before Thanksgiving and it hasn't let up since, almost 2 months. I have 4 foot piles on either side on the new deck and there are 4 foot piles out front that I built while shoveling. I had a little muscle spasm in my neck yesterday from all that heavy shoveling but the beads and a little heat seems to have cured that. Today it's clear and sunny and even though it's not supposed to warm up to thaw, the sun will help evaporate the ice and build up for the next several days. Then the snow returns next week with no real thaw to melt what we have.

And they say there is no global warming.

The world appears to be going to shit, what with Trump about to take office in 8 days and everyone in an uproar. I know there's going to be a shake up for this system and I just hope I can survive it. If not, my little life and my stories will be buried with me and who will care. Who will ever care?

In my written pages I got a message from The Elysium Group a few days ago ... not sure if it's a committee or a council or a connection or a consortium. I was reminded of a vision I had years ago of my Higher Power, January or February of 1993. I had been reading a little book I picked up at an antique shop in Jefferson City, MO on our way to John's new job at The Naval Training Center in North Chicago. The book was The Power of Positive Thinking by Norman Vincent Peale and it cost me a quarter. I used to know right where that little book was but I can't find it now. I may have finally lost it or misplaced it. Not moving for over 9 years means I have lost track of much of my stuff. It's probably around somewhere.

But to get back to the point, I had been reading that little book and Mr Peale used the word God so much and it bothered me but he also gave the reader permission to name the Higher Power anything they chose. The same went for the AA meetings I attended. Gerald called his HP, I found out years later, but I didn't know what to call that power I was supposed to turn it all over to. And here's where the memory came back to me so clearly that I had to write about it again.

I decided to lay down and ask to be shown who or what my Higher Power is. I settled in on the couch while Stephen was at school and John was at work and relaxed into a meditational nap and in it I got a vision of a semi-circular table with people sitting around the outside, all ready to listen and take notes and confer with me on whatever was on my mind. And I was standing or sitting facing them, presenting them with my issues and questions. I got the emotional feeling of intent focus, like everything I brought to them was of extreme importance and their only purpose was to be fully present with me as I asked questions or explained my situation. It looked like a board room of sorts and the people were dressed in suits and sat at attention with tablets in front of them. No one spoke, it was a conference meant just for me and I felt fully supported. When I woke, the vision was still vivid, as it is right now. It wasn't a dream. I felt around in it for a bit and was comforted and encouraged by this idea of being so loved and supported in all I was trying to do. I named them my Council on Higher Power but this was before I started writing in December 1994, so I didn't connect with them, bond with them, like I could have had I been writing daily like I have done all these years.

So this vision popped to mind while I was brushing my teeth the other day and once it came back, it stayed with me. When I wrote about it in my spiral pages, a name came to mind, Allisium. I saw the word in my mind's eye but I didn't know if it was a real word or maybe the name of a flower, so I Googled it. Sure enough, alyssum is a flower but the other word I found was Elysium, which fit the pronunciation of the word I saw. Then I looked up the meaning and was blown away! The Elysium Fields is an ancient version of the afterlife and has a long history, many thousands of years. There's also a movie and I saw it a few years ago but had forgotten about it. An interesting note: Jody Foster played the leader of the Elysium Council in that movie and sat in a chair with a semi-circular table in front of her where the other council members all faced her. Also, in the movie Contact, Jody Foster payed the main character who presented her ideas and findings to a council in a board room facing a semi-circular table where people were seated, listening and watching. I had that memory this morning, putting those pieces together.

The main point in writing about this here is to ponder the possibility of contact via inspiration of an actual entity or power available to help me --- as religious people believe a god is available to them via prayer and divine guidance. In my spiral pages, I wrote some things about beliefs and the way beliefs create reality and it came so effortlessly, so naturally. I would LOVE to believe that I have access to such a council and that they gave me a name that I can use for them. What would it be like to just go forth as if, see where it takes me? To become a channel for The Elysium Council. Maybe that's why I keep getting the vision. They want to talk to me. Maybe I'm ready for whatever they have to say. Or maybe I'm just ready for the looney bin. Whatever, it's an interesting idea and might be fun, if I can find a way to open up.

Also, maybe Stephen is there and is part of the council now. I do keep asking him where he is. So we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment