Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Idea: Messages from Elysium

9:25am                                   Writing Practice                                     23°/ Boise

Still dealing with crappy weather and a frozen world. It snowed another 3" yesterday and I got that cleared in time for this heavy freeze to return for the foreseeable future. I ran errands yesterday, got to the post office to mail colloidal silver to our hotel in Mexico (cost me $45 to ship, I hope it arrives!) and returned library books, plus stopped in to Fred Meyer to pick up some salad. My supplies are holding out great, I seem to be able to get out about twice a week, which is all I really need to do. I'm home again now until Thursday when I have to go clean at the Vista building and then I can send them my invoice to $220 this time --- I had an extra job for them last week to add to my income.

I have started a continuation of the memoir writing, got a new outline and have plunked away at it. But I've also been watching YouTube videos about doodling and watercolor painting and that's been inspiring and relaxing. I actually started a new piece a few days ago, a watercolor background with doodle flowers in a low vase. I'll continue to add to that as well, might take a few weeks to get it done but I like it so far. It will be good practice for building up layers and adding detail ... just what I need to do with my writing as well.

While browsing FB this morning, I saw a photo of a swirling design and this came to mind:

"The cosmos exists in swirls. Emotions swirl in a dance with the universe, neither good nor bad, right or wrong. Find the meaning in the feeling, begin to understand the triggers and claim them to put the power of creation into your lives."

So I made it a post on FB with a photo from my files and labeled it, "My message from Elysium this morning." Then I thought, hey, that sounds good! Messages from Elysium. So I Googled it, no match. Then I checked GoDaddy for a domain name (messagesfromelysuim.com) and it's available. I could create a blog for them and begin to channel messages and share them. What do you think? Well, I'll just have to see if any other messages come to me and then decide what to do with them.

 In the meantime, I'm hungry. I started a low carb food plan yesterday and lost 1.2 pounds overnight, which is common. The rest usually take a little longer. I just want to lose enough to fit my summer clothes comfortably in Mexico and that's only 4 or 5 pounds. I'd love to lose an additional 3 or 4 pounds by summer to be slim and trim for summer fun. I should be able to do this if I can just stay out of the sweets. Really, that's all it would take.

OK, that's it for me, off for breakfast and then whatever else I choose to do on the freezing but sunny day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment