Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Getting caught up on my life

11am                                         Villa #6/Ajijic                             68°

Sunny, cool and gorgeous this morning in Mexico. It's been a while since I posted but yes, I'm still here and still happy about it. The Villas del Sol is a perfect place for me to live --- a lovely, small community where we all like each other and watch out for each other. This may be the best place I've ever lived. I feel connected and included and at the same time, I have plenty of privacy and alone time, all I could want.

I'm busy all the time and yet I don't get much done. No book yet, nothing concrete to point to and say, yep, I'm doing that. I taught a beginners watercolor class a few weeks ago and it was great fun but a lot of prep work. I've been watching watercolor tutorials on YouTube and I even got inspired enough to try a project of my own but I haven't finished it. I plan to get it out again and practice glazing to darken and deepen the colors but I doubt it will be frame-worthy when I finish with. But the point is, I'm painting again and that's amazing!

I met some new friends and next week we're going into Guadalajara to get paper and art supplies and I'm very excited to spend time with them. Both are photographers and very creative and active --- just the kind of friends I've been wanting in my life! One is married and does card readings and the other in a lesbian with no partner and a very amazing photographer with high-end equipment. She's also very attractive. I may be bi-curious enough to be open to see where life takes me in that direction. I haven't kissed a girl in years but then I haven't kissed a man, either. Anyway, who knows. I opened the door for Mike Ogden and he failed to walk in. Maybe it's not a man I want in my life, maybe a woman with similar interests would be just the ticket. So anyway, there's that idea.

I'm open to life and new experiences. I welcome creative people, active people who are alive in their own lives. I'm ready to step out and join them now.

I want to go to the beach sometime this winter. Manzanillo. And then next May, I want to go to Mazamitla on the other side of the lake and up in the mountains while it's hot over here. I'd love to take a drive over there and check it out, it's close enough for a day trip but I don't want to go alone. Maybe some neighbors would go if I ask and make a plan. I'll bet they would. It would be wonderful to have someone to go to these places with. I don't speak Spanish well enough to get by on my own.

OK, that's it for the day. I spent some of my writing time exploring the Internet for places to stay in Manzanillo and Mazamitla, as well as San Juan de Alima south of Manzanillo, and all options look great. Now to save enough money to get a vacation at both the mountains and the beaches. Heaven, I say! What a great life I have developing here!

I forgot to mention that I bought a condo in Boise in September, Janna's place on Irving Lane, and she's the tenant and will be for a while. I have to use it as my primary residence for two years and after that, it can become a rental property. I may or may not ever move back for real but for now, this gives me an investment and a home, if I need one, and I like that. Much better then having my money just lay around in a bank somewhere. With the addition of the condo to my portfolio, I'm not able to save as much money as I was. Plus I've been spending a little too much but have knocked that off the past week. I bought some bedding and a gel mattress pad that has made my life wonderful! I won't be without one of those ever again, so that was money well spent. I'm still managing to save a little each month and will continue to do so. I'll need new carpet and paint when I move in up there and I want to have cash for that. Also, I will need a new vehicle and that may be a good reason to stay here. I would like an SUV-type that I could take camping and on trips. A Subaru Forester would fit the bill but not the budget so I'll have to see how much I can save toward that as I go along here, too.

OK, this is really it now, I'm hungry and must go eat. At least I got caught up a little on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment