Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Practicing

9:39am                       My Morning Report              30°    Boise      

OK, second day with my new plan. Up a little later than I wanted but still within reason. I tried getting up earlier for a few days in a row and I did not like it, could not get going, felt tired and my eyes didn't want to function. It seems that I can't navigate my days without just the right amount of sleep and even getting enough sleep but rising too early bothers me. It might be a habit thing. Maybe I can adjust if I just go slowly and creep up on it.

Tomorrow I have to get up early enough to fit it all in before leaving to meet cousin Joe in Ontario at noon. So I have to leave here by 11am, which means I'll have to get up by about 7:30 in order to get it all done and be ready to leave at that time. 40 minutes to wash up and make the bed, an hour or so of writing, eat breakfast, clean up, get dressed. I can do all that in 3½ hours, surely.

I added some full caff to my coffee blend this morning thinking a little extra caffeine would help with my mornings. Just a little extra, not the whole caff thing. So we'll see how that works for me. And later today I will call Baker City and try to get it straight for our high school reunion, hopefully booked at the Geiser Grand Hotel on Main Street.

Yesterday I had my first guitar lesson with Alan Watts. It was very interesting but hard. I'll need to practice at least 20 minutes a day in order to get my fingers broken in to this new activity, build up some calluses. I'm in it for the long haul and I hope I can learn to love it. It certainly is a whole new language but not just for the brain, it will also be informing the body in a whole new way. Last night I dreamed that I was playing the cello again only I was facing it and doing it all wrong and yet is still sounded good. Maybe that dream was telling me to keep at it and trust the process even if it feels all wrong.

Also yesterday, I went to the Vista office to bring some paint supplies to #22 where I had spackled the day before and the job was done but not well. Whoever finished it didn't sand the spackle patches, nor did they dab the patches with primer. They just painted over my patches and called it done. Dang. Well, that's it for me, no more trying to help Horace with that building. For one thing, it's work that I don't enjoy and for another, I just don't have time. But I would have time if I enjoyed it ... I know. But I don't so that's that.

With the advent of my new writing practice, typing my morning report, I should get comfortable typing again and be able to take off on my book soon. I do feel bad about abandoning my notebook. It's laying there, close to me, and as I continue to type here, it will accumulate days of blank pages. I'll have to try to write in it in the evenings maybe, a whole different kind of report. So far, this typing is good and I'm doing OK with it. Look how fast I've filled this page! I wonder what my word count is. There's another place I could be putting these posts, 750words.com, where my word count would show up. But that site costs $5 month and this place is free and has my name on it. If I wanted to, I could begin to blog again and actually post things for others to read but right now I don't want to think about that. I just want to practice typing so that I can practice writing books.

So that's about it for today. The cats are pissed, it's overcast and chilly out there and I haven't let them out yet today. I also just remembered that I haven't cleaned the litter box! Yikes! But this was fast and effective, this typing. I'm better at it than I thought I would be, very few mistakes, the words just slide out and if one is incorrect, it's easy to fix. I guess all my practice on FB has helped, too. But it's kinda nice to just sit here and blather on, knowing no one will see it and I don't have to justify what I'm doing to anyone, anyway. I'm free to do whatever I want to do and so I shall! I think I'll close this up and go clean the litter box and refill by coffee and come back here to see about writing and planning a book. Which one of the 7 or 8 that I have in me will come out? That is the question of the day. And will I be able to stick with one until I get it done? Another great question!

OK, bye now! See you again tomorrow. There's always more to report and this is a fine way to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment